Tuesday 14 April 2020

BOOK REVIEW - The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy


Great book!

I'm old enough to just about remember when the radio series first went out. It was an instant cult classic among the boys at my school. We would eagerly listen to it on the radio, then discuss it next day at school. I bought the book as soon as it came out and read it voraciously. At some point over the years and the various home moves I lost my original copy.

I bought it again last year as my eldest daughter was asking about it. She read it and loved it, so we got the entire trilogy [in 5 parts]. I have just re-read this first volume. It is just as amusing as I remember it. Of course, it has dated a bit over the years - nobody today thinks that digital watches are a neat idea, while nobody in the book has a mobile phone. Despite this the characters are just as engaging, the storyline just as nonsensical and the jokes just as funny.

Go and buy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment